Skip to Main Content


Student Rights and Responsibilities

Information about Student Rights and Responsibilities can be found in the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook. Students are responsible for reading the Rights and Responsibilities, as well as reading and abiding by the Student Code of Conduct. Print copies are available in the Dean of Students Office and online at

Student Right to Privacy and Access to Records

According to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, students have the right to (1) inspect and review their educational records; (2) request the amendment of their education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy or other rights; (3) restrict disclosure of information to other individuals or entities; (4) file a complaint with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office if the college fails to comply with the requirements of the Act.

Directory Information

The College considers the following directory information: (1) student's full name; (2) address; (3) ICC email address; (4) affirmation of student enrollment status (full/part-time) and class level; (5) dates of attendance, graduation, intended program of study, degree(s), certificate(s) earned, and honors received; (6) pertinent information relating to participation in officially recognized activities and sports.

The College will only disclose directory information to individuals or entities with legitimate educational interests and in compliance with the Solomon Act. Educational records, student schedules, grades, and other academic information (including drop-out lists) will not be released to parents, guardians, employers or other individuals without written consent of the student. All requests from internal and external entities for the use or release of directory information lists must be reviewed and approved by the Vice President of Student Success in consultation with other offices as necessary.

Students have the right to restrict disclosure of directory information. Contact the Enrollment Services Office (309) 694‑5610 for the appropriate paperwork. All paperwork must be submitted in person with a photo ID.

Educational Records

Educational records are all records that contain information directly related to a student and are maintained by an educational agency or institution, or by a party acting on its behalf. A record means any information recorded in any way, including handwriting, print, tape, film, microfilm, microfiche, and digital images.

Educational records may include semester grades, GPA, tuition and fee information, financial aid information, birthdate, disciplinary actions, and other personally identifiable information (PII).

Additional Resources

For a full description of exclusions to this law, as well as more complete definitions of the terms in this section, students can contact the Vice President of Student Success, the Enrollment Services Office at the East Peoria and Peoria campuses, or go online to

A more complete guide to FERPA for students, including references to statutes and additional clarifications: FERPA for Students (

Program of Study Changes

Students sometimes change educational or career goals before completing the program in which they originally enrolled. When students consider such a change, they should discuss it with their academic advisor. When the change is deemed necessary, students must complete a Degree/Certificate of Study Change Request Form online at online to Also, forms can be submitted to Enrollment Services L211 or the Dean of Students Office CC200. Selective admission programs must approve the change before the program change will be processed.

Transcripts Requests

East Peoria Campus • L211 • (309) 694-5503

ICC Peoria • Arbor Hall • (309) 690-6870

Official transcripts of credit earned at Illinois Central College can be requested by current and former students, and can be sent to the student, another individual, business, or school.

Official transcripts should be requested online at by clicking the Request a Transcript tile or by going to, selecting request a transcript, then clicking directly on the “REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT” link.  You will be required to provide a signature authorization before your transcript can be released.

In situations where a transcript is necessary for immediate use, one may be provided within an hour for a $10 (guaranteed funds only) per copy fee. This service is available 8:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday at Enrollment Services, L211, East Peoria Campus or Arbor 2, Peoria Campus.

The College will not forward the original copy, nor a copy of any transcript received by the College from another institution or agency to the student or a third party/institution. Transcripts, test scores, etc., must be requested by the student directly from the originating institution or agency.

Unofficial copies of transcripts can be obtained through your MyICC account; however, unofficial copies are not generally accepted by other institutions. A student’s official transcript will be withheld if the student has not met all financial obligations to the College.

D.E.T.A.I.L.S.* Student Development Transcript

The Student Development transcript is designed as an official document to accompany resumes or scholarship applications and to supplement the academic transcript. It is a self-reported record, with verification by an advisor or supervisor, of a student’s co-curricular activities, service, leadership development, honors, or awards while at Illinois Central College.

To participate in the Student Development Transcript Program, contact the Student Life Office, 303A, phone (309) 694-5201.

*Development of Excellence Through Activities and Involvement in Leadership and Service